Friday, July 16, 2010

Soul Music For White People Afraid To Buy Records By Black People

Here's some examples of soul/r&b records that were released in the States in the 60's without photos of the artist or any non-white folks on the cover to scare off any potential racially intimidated Caucasian consumers.  Some of these were nicked from lplover.com.  If there's an issue with my using images from the site just shoot me a message and I'll take them down.


















Pics c/o:

http://lpcoverlover.com/

2 comments:

Karate Boogaloo said...

People nicking scans from lpcoverlover is exactly why he started marking them in small letters at the bottom. A link (besides the credit) would probably suffice...he's a reasonable guy.

wilthomer said...

Done and done, I've contributed my share to the site so...........