Friday, December 3, 2010

God Save The Village Green

In honor of The Kinks brilliant track "The Village Green Preservation Society"

We are the Village Green Preservation Society





God save Donald Duck, Vaudeville and Variety,


We are the Desperate Dan Appreciation Society
God save strawberry jam and all the different varieties.
Preserving the old ways from being abused
Protecting the new ways for me and for you
What more can we do


We are the Draught Beer Preservation Society
God save Mrs. Mopp and good Old Mother Riley.
We are the Custard Pie Appreciation Consortium




God save the George Cross and all those who were awarded them
We are the Sherlock Holmes English Speaking Vernacular.
Help save Fu Manchu, Moriarty and Dracula,




We are the Office Block Persecution Affinity.
God save little shops, china cups and virginity,
We are the Skyscraper Condemnation Affiliate


God save tudor houses, antique tables and billiards.
Preserving the old ways from being abused.
Protecting the new ways for me and for you.


What more can we do
God save the Village Green.

3 comments:

diskojoe said...

Thanks very much for that great tribute to my fave rave album of all time since 1977, when I bought my first copy at my local Caldor's here in the Witch City.

Wilthomer said...

My pleasure, truly an amazing song off of an amazing LP.

Mondo said...

Love the album - my home town of Southend gets a mention in Picture book..