Thursday, April 26, 2012

Yeah We Be Mod Like Dat: The Rodnees

For those of you who've never stumbled upon an internet/fictional creation called The Rodnees, a pre-fab four from the Hood who gave up hip hop and embraced The Beatles and 60's pop your education begins here! I stumbled upon a video for my fave tune by them "G. Mack Robinson Caldwell", an ode to a postal worker who can't keep it in his pants and has more chidren than he can afford.  I've always enjoyed it's "Penny Lane" meets "Daydream Believer" clashing with "Quadrophenia" (the LP not the movie) sound. It's from their Rutles-like "movie" (available in bits on the web) "Yeah, We Be Mod Like Dat" (see trailer below as well):



2 comments:

Bel Mondo said...

I may have to start hating you for posting that - that song has been going round in my head all day !!!!! Its awesome pop, thanks (and somehow it reminds me of I Love You Alice B Toklas, another one thats got stuck in my brain as a result). Going to have to check out the rest of the Rodnees now...

lindley farley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.