Wednesday, February 6, 2013

R.I.P. Reg Presley


Word flitted around on Monday night that Trogg's lead singer Reg Presley succumbed to his battle with cancer. The Troggs were introduced to me via oldies radio in about 1977 or 1978 when I purchased a Fontana reissue 45 of "Wild Thing" b/w "With A Girl Like You". A few years later I scored an original copy of their US Fontana LP "Wild Thing" at a yard sale in atrocious condition (which I then reduced to an even further unplayable state by repeated airings of it on my horrible little stereo which had probably never had it's needle changed). Over the years I came upon a succession of 45's, E.P.'s, LP's and finally all of their 60's albums on CD's Repertoire did with bonus cuts.

We here at "Anorak Thing" have done our share of hawking The Troggs so rather than do some long winded accolade or one of my boring, pedestrian 'Top 10's" I'll leave you with some old pieces which you can view here, herehere, and here.

No comments: